- You SHOULD only choose 5 of the assignments for extra credit. You cannot submit more of them. Sorry!
- Many of the assignments mention a "group." All of the work can be done alone, but should you want to work with a partner, you may. You will need prior approval to work with a partner.
- There can be no literary substitutions.
First Quarter--Work Due at the close of First Quarter
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (Use Maryland Standards)
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
- Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
Second Quarter--Work Due at the close of Second Quarter
- Our Town by Thornton Wilder
- The Good Earth by Pearl Buck
- Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry by Mildred Taylor
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Third Quarter--Work Due at the close of Third Quarter
- The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare
- Jane Eyre by Emily Bronte
Fourth Quarter --Work Due before Final Exam Week
- Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
- Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
- Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
- Hiroshima by John Hershey